A gallery wall can elevate the style of your space and really make a personal statement about your life and style. However, the process takes time, preparation, and patience. Here are some tips to help you build your own gallery wall!
- Pick out your frames and create diagrams to help play around with some layout ideas.
- Lay out your frames on your floor before hanging them on your wall to measure everything out.
- If you find purchasing prints to be too pricey, use your own photography, pictures of family, or restore old photos to place in the frames for a personal touch.
- You can also hang up empty frames and collect pieces of art over time so you won’t have to splurge on a lot of pieces all at once.
- Use one large piece to start your collection, then use different sizes and orientation of the pieces to fill space and keep your eyes moving.
- If you’re going for more of a classic look, use a nine-square grid layout with even space between each frame.
- Use sturdy frame hangers to protect your walls and your photos against scratches and nicks.